The user will be asked to enter their licence key for product activation automatically after installation. Take the following steps if the user has skipped this move or the product of the user is not yet activated.
- Open the ESET product for your Windows. The main window of the user will be red if the product is not activated :
- To change the License, the user has to click on the Help and Support button.
- The user must click on the Use a purchased Licence Key.
- Retrieve the License Key from the mail that was sent on your email ID with which you purchased the ESET License.
- The user can either type or they can paste the ESET License Key that has been issued to the user into the appropriate field.
- Then Click on Activate.
- A window will pop up on your screen asking the user whether they will allow this app to make changes to their devices.
- Select YES.
- After the Activation is completed, click Done.
CONGRATULATIONS, you successfully activated your ESET Antivirus.
Problems in Activation
- It is very important that the user enter the ESET License key that is issued to them correctly. Make sure to include the hyphens as well.
- If you are copy/pasting your license key then make sure that you do not select the additional space around the text.
- Make sure that the internet connection is secure in order to complete the ESET Activation process without hindrance.
- In case of a failed Activation or a canceled License:
- If the user has recently renewed or upgraded their product, then the user should make sure that they are using the most recent License Key that they received from ESET.
- There is a possibility that the user’s credentials were reset in order to avoid overuse because of leaking practices. The user should check the registered email for any communication from ESET if such a scenario has indeed taken place. The new License Key can be obtained from the following link: https://www.eset.com/int/support/lost-license/
- It is also important to make sure that the previous License should be expired or is not already renewed.
- The user should make sure that they have the most recent version of the ESET Login Product that they are purchasing in order to avoid any issues with the activation process.
- The ESET Products are to be activated only in countries where they were purchased. If such an error does occur then, the user can contact their local ESET partner to aid with the activation of their products.